Early in April, 2016 there was a ribbon cutting ceremony to open the expansion of the Galley Support Innovations, Inc. (GSI) facility in Sherwood, Arkansas. To top that off, we had several announcements to make:
- eight new multi-year, multi-million dollar aerospace contracts
- two significant aerospace contract renewals
- a Community Block Development Grant for $120,000
What a great day!
And, as if that good fortune wasn’t enough, Wade and I have been named Arkansas Business Persons of the year for 2016 by the Small Business Administration. The great honor follows a phenomenal year in 2015 where GSI won Arkansas Business’s Business of the Year in our category, as well as the 2015 Governor’s Award for Excellence in Global Trade for small manufacturer.
From day one when we stepped into the leadership of GSI we have put quality and service at the top of our daily checklist. Quality and service are the elements of every new design we are hired to do and in the performance of every task needed to accomplish the job before us.
Since 2005 we have seen the fruits of that focus.
- Great clients who have appreciated us and supported us
- Clients who have presented us with challenging work and the opportunity to meet those challenges
- Employees who have become like family and helped us create a culture in the company that exemplifies quality and service personally and professionally.
- We’ve even won awards like the 2013 Impact Image Award for community service, and the Humanity Matters Award from City of Hope.
It’s a blessing to start a blog on such a positive note about our business.
We are proud. Very proud, indeed, because our hard work, persistence and faith allow us to do something we love and also gives us the ability to share the good fortune. We want to make a difference in the lives of people. From what our clients provide their customers to the lives of our employees and vendors. It matters.
What the Success of Galley Support Innovations Means
As a small family business, we are dedicated to building and growing a successful business, but we are not doing it just by ourselves – or just for ourselves.
- Our recent successes will be reflected in more than a million dollars being added to our state’s economy.
- More contracts and work for GSI means more sales for our vendors.
- We plan to double our workforce providing opportunity and job skills for workers who are equally committed to GSI quality and service standards.
- The development of GSI is reflected in even better products and services for customers. We have the ability and creative mindset to produce premier products to meet unique and exceptional specifications and standards.
We are so grateful for the growth and success Galley Support Innovations has already experienced – and we’re ready to take on the challenges and exciting ventures in the future. We hope you will join us as we continue forward.